Paying For College
- Students should take the PSAT/NQMST, as good performance on this test can make a student eligible for certain scholarships. Please see the "College Exams" page for more information.
- Research the college or university's website--specifically the information about paying for college--to find whether there are specific scholarships offered by the university itself.
- Apply for financial aid by submitting the FAFSA, which is due yearly on March 2. Please see https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/ and https://fafsa.ed.gov/ for more information. Please take special note of all deadlines, not only for submitting the FAFSA but for determining your school's deadline as they often have their own deadlines.
- Find information on scholarships at http://www.hslda.org/highschool/docs/Competitions.asp
- Another good source for information on scholarships can be found at https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college/grants-and-scholarships/where-to-find-college-scholarships